Friday, November 7, 2008

Whew!!!

I went to the radiologist on Monday and Tuesday to have an uptake scan, not painful just took some radioactive iodine pills and laid on the CT machine while they took pictures of my neck. Today I went for a consultation with the Surgeon as my Primary Physician wanted me to get a biopsy because one of the nodules had grown. I was freaked out by the way my doctor wanted to have a biopsy and everything he said. So I get to the surgeon today and she comes in to explain what they think is going on. She told me not to worry that there are no red flags that make her think that I have cancer. She tells me that the nodules that I have range in size, the largest being about a centimeter. She said that the one that grew, went from 3.5mm to 4.5mm, yes milimeter. I was stunned I felt that this was a complete waste of time, had my doctor let me know that he was concerned about 4.5mm nodule I wouldn't have cared to set up an appointment with a surgeon. At least she was able to explain everything to me and make me feel that it's not as scary as my regular doctor made it.

2 comments:

Jennikunz said...

what the crap!! you didnt tell me you had a blog!!! EWH! Your in so much trouble!

penb said...

So are they going to remove it or put you on medication to control the growths?