Tuesday, October 28, 2008

What the heck is in my neck???

So back in May I went to my doctor for my yearly exam, while the nurse was checking all my vitals and such, she found some growths on my thyroid called nodules. It feels like I constantly have a pill or bread stuck in my throat. They had me go to a family doctor to follow up with. He scheduled me to have an ultrasound in June where they found several clusters on both the left and right side. He prescribed me some medication to either shrink or prevent the nodules from growing and had me go back for an ultrasound in September. At that ultrasound it showed that they continued to grow while taking the medication. So now we're at the next step... I get to go in on Monday and Tuesday next week and have an uptake scan, I get to take some iodine and four hours after they scan my thyroid to see if/how it is working, I get to repeat the scan 24 hours later. Once that is done and the results are in I get to have a biopsy done to see if it is cancerous or not, there's a 10% chance that it could be. I'll keep you updated once we know.

No comments: